Link issue button not working

Deleted user June 25, 2019

I can see the button to link an issue with another ticket, but when i click on it, nothing happens. 

Also, i used to see some "+" sign in all my tickets to link sub-tasks to another ticket. I can't see that as well.

I checked the permission also, it is provided to all logged in users. Still none of us is able to use that button.

Could you please suggest me what can i do?

4 answers

2 votes
Zoran Cikojevic February 17, 2021

Same issue here for two older backlogs, the button is visible in the view issue screen, but nothing happens when you click on it.

We have the issue linking turned on, the permissions set properly for linking issues, and the linked issues field is added to the screen.

Any suggestions?

Zoran Cikojevic February 17, 2021

So I just noticed something peculiar. I started troubleshooting this problem with the "Where is my field?" functionality on the create issue screen and saw the following errors in the screenshot (this was just after I changed the permissions and associated the field to the screen), the button still was not working after all of this.

Screenshot from 2021-02-17 11-52-53.png

After about ~1hr, I checked and everything started working automagically, and when I did the "Where is my field?" check again I saw everything was ok indeed, even though I made no adjustments in the meantime.

Screenshot from 2021-02-17 13-23-10.png

This led me to conclude that the setting changes I made did not propagate right away as in my previous experiences with jira settings, and it took quite some time for the settings to take effect.

So if you are experiencing this issue, change the settings as indicated, but also wait a bit to make sure the settings propagate! Hope this helps...

OLD Andrii Semitkin account October 6, 2022

I had the same problem and the described solution helped me. I'm also confirming that the change in configuration took some time to be applied, but not too much, maybe 1-2 minutes.

0 votes
Robert Kneip October 7, 2023

I had this same problem and almost tore my instance apart trying to fix it. Before I did that however I went into my Browser settings and cleared all history cookies session information etc. In Google Chrome Reset to Default all settings. That's what is was.

Turn off all pop up blockers and reset browser settings in Chrome! No idea how or why but that was it for me. 

0 votes
Dave C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 27, 2019

Have you hidden the linked issue field? We currently display the button, not the box though. There's a bug raised for it under https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-72391.

Kerim Incedayi October 27, 2019

Nope. Linked Issue field is visible but it still does not work. It also does not work in the iOS apps. I see the link issue button but clicking has no effect.

Like Lusca Fontoura likes this
Kerim Incedayi October 28, 2019

On the layout it was visible but the Linked Issues field was hidden! Thank you @Dave C It is now resolved.

Like # people like this
Luc Temmerman December 9, 2019

I stiil have the issue. what is the solution ? 

working in google Chrome.

Antti Huusari December 9, 2019

Setting the linked issue field as visible solved the problem for us as well. I just forgot to follow up on the issue. Thanks for your help.

Luc Temmerman December 9, 2019

antti huusari. Thanks; make it visible works (but only for newer created project)

for the project created over 2 years ago, we still face the issue (button is visible, but doesn't work)

Lusca Fontoura July 25, 2022

Had the same bug. Thanks for helping! :)

0 votes
Vimalraj June 25, 2019

@[deleted] Please check "Link Issues" in project permissions. Please check if users/ groups added to it.

Deleted user June 27, 2019

Yes, its added. Permission is granted to any logged in user. And also it is activated. I can see the button but it is not clickable. 

It is working for only one of projects on JIRA and not for any other. 

Capture.JPG 

Daniel Cicciarelli September 4, 2019

@[deleted] Can you check that you have not got the linked issue field as hidden in your field configuration schema for the project? 

If the field is hidden it will not be able to call the object when you click it. 

Cheers,

Kerim Incedayi September 17, 2019

Same for me. Old view it works, in the new view, it doesn't.

Antti Huusari September 30, 2019

We have the same exact issue. Works in the old view, but not in the new.

Like Pez likes this
Pez November 19, 2019

Same here. Doesn't work in new UI, but did in the old. Clicking the button does nothing. Not even an error.

Breonna Bowen January 31, 2020

Same here, the new view's button does not work. We really need assistance looking into this, this is causing a lot of confusion. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events