Link a bitbucket repo with a JIRA project

Joshua Bouganim May 4, 2018

Currently running:

JIRA v7.3.2

Bitbucket v4.14.1

i have the two applications connected and the bitbucket activity shows up properly in the corresponding JIRA ticket. 

my situation is that i work on multiple repos and when i click create branch in JIRA i have to make sure the correct repo is selected because it remembers the last one you used.  is there a way to set the default repo for a JIRA project so that when i click create branch in project X it selects repo X for me and when i click create branch in project Y it selects repo Y for me?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2018

Hi Joshua,

Welcome to the Atlassian community!

Unfortunately it is not possible to set a default Bitbucket repository for a Jira project. There is a request open to have that option, BSERV-4800, that you can vote for.

Joshua Bouganim May 4, 2018

thanks for the response.

im just curious, i found this.  does this functionality exist in JIRA cloud?

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2018

The short answer is no. There is a ticket to get this into Bitbucket Cloud as well, JSWCLOUD-14938, which is linked to BSERV-4800.

Suggest an answer