Line numbers in the backlog view

Martin Skovgaard Jensen December 15, 2020

In our teams we often use shared screen when working online.

When we talk about issues in the backlog view it is often a bit hard for people to identify the issues currently discussed when looking at the backlog together. Using the IDs obviously does not make it easier as they are sorted by rank and not ID.

Is there a way to solve this eg. in line numbers in the backlog so you can refer to the issue in eg. line 36. I have not found any native functionality enabling this? Or perhaps there is an app enabling this for easier reference?

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2020

Question – if you’re sharing a screen doesn’t the mouse pointer convey which topic is your issue you’re looking at? That aside there aren’t line numbers as you are pointing out within the backlog. Other ideas might be to simply use the search button and type in the issue key and everyone can look at themselves. But again if I’m presenting a screen I’m clicking on an issue and everybody’s viewing that issue along with me. Obviously if you’re not actually sharing a screen and just having everybody walk through it it is certainly more challenging. If someone on the meeting other than the one presenting calls out a specific issue I might use command-f/control-f to find that issue if I have a really long backlog. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events