Limit users to only browse unassigned issues and issues assigned to them

Sebastian January 20, 2020

I'm looking for a way that users can only see unassigned issues and issues assigned to them in a project. But administrators should be able to see all issues.

We are working with several freelancers on one project. Each freelancer works independently on his issues, but should also be able to accept new unassigned issues. As soon as a freelancer has taken over an unassigned issue, this issue should no longer be visible to other freelancers, since it is no longer relevant to them.

2 answers

2 votes
Cristian Ionescu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2020

Jira is not design for this but there should be a workaround:

1.Create Security Level for each user( If you have user Ben-> Security Level: Visible to Ben)

2.Use Automation for Jira or other automation plugin to create Automation:

When issue is assiged to Ben then change Security Level from Empty to : Visible to Ben

3.Admin will be add in each Security Level

In this situation the issues without been assigned will have Security Level= EMPTY ( visible to everyone). The issues that are assigned will have the Security Level= Assigne name and will be visible just by Assignee and ADMIN.

1 vote
Adrian Stephen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 20, 2020

Hi @Sebastian 

You will be able to achieve this using issue security levels. For more information, please refer to this article :

Sebastian January 21, 2020

Hi Adrian, thanks for your answer.

I have already tried this but unfortunately I can only set that administrators see everything but all users only see issues assigned to them. The users do not see the unassigned issues.

Do you know what I have to do so that users can also see the unassigned issues?

Suggest an answer