• Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Questions
  • Like Boards and Projects in JIRA, Do we have any 3rd thing, Say 'x' which is independent of Boards/Projects but can be tagged into 'x'?

Like Boards and Projects in JIRA, Do we have any 3rd thing, Say 'x' which is independent of Boards/Projects but can be tagged into 'x'?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 vote

JIRA is an issue tracker, not designed for random arbitrary items.  It groups issues into projects, and then boards look at ranges of issues.

Could you explain what you're actually looking to do here?  What is the benefit of this X for the end user?

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist], we just don't want to use JIRA as a Bug Tracking Tool. It's a Task management tool cum product management as well.

What I want to do: [considering Team as Board and Product as Project in JIRA]

• Say, I have 8 Teams. Each team can have Multiple Products.
  • Now If we start a new Feature which is dependent on Multiple Teams and Multiple Products, how should I create this Feature in JIRA? If I create it as Epic, again it will need a Parent. What do I consider "Feature" in JIRA?

Help me here. Or suggest an alternate.

Yes, it is, but you don't need arbitrary objects to do any of that.  Just issues.

Epics need to live in projects as they are issues, but that doesn't stop issues from other projects being added to them.

For another layer of items like that, try Portfolio

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Sunday in Agility

You asked for it, so we delivered: images on issues have arrived

A picture tells a thousand words. And agility boards have just released their latest feature: cover images on issues – so now your board can tell a story at first glance. Upload attachmen...

802 views 3 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you