Latest script runner Script Functions - files location

e December 19, 2014

Hello,

I've got JIRA 6.3.12 and the latest script runner.

I used to be able to add my script functions in the GUI by clicking add and specifying the location of the source code file. In the latest script runner - I cannot find a way to make my JIRA see my functions (modified its source code in accordance with the doc). I press "scan" and see: "Success. No functions added or removed.", and I can't see my function in the list of the function.

So, how do I point JIRA to my own .groovy scripted function? 

Thanks. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2014

It needs to be in the right package in one of your script roots - see https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Breaking+Changes+for+Custom+JQL+Functions+in+3.0 and its parent page.

e December 20, 2014

Hi, I just googled a little and found out the answer I wish the could find at the link you provided above. So, the information that would have helped - "1. Name your file exactly as your class is named; 2. Place that file into the package folder - com/onresolve/jira/groovy/jql inside your script roots folder" Thanks!

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2014

But that's just the rules for java/groovy... if I went into that level of detail on every page nobody would ever read it.

e December 21, 2014

Thanks a lot!

Suggest an answer