Labels list

Anastasia April 14, 2020

Hello!

I would like to export list of labels in Jira. How can I get such a list?

1 answer

2 votes
Monika Rani
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2020

Hi @Anastasia 

Welcome to the Community!

Here you can do this.

1. Do an advanced search for: labels is not EMPTY
  2. Export ALL results
  3. Remove all columns apart from Labels column
  4. From the labels column, remove all duplicates using this guide:
    1. https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Filter-for-unique-values-or-remove-duplicate-values-ccf664b0-81d6-449b-bbe1-8daaec1e83c2

I hope that helps.

Anastasia April 15, 2020

Thanks for your answer, but I need to get list of all labels in Jira, even those that have not been used.

Penny Boulet April 25, 2020

With the limited search results for any JIRA query this does not find even close to all of the labels in play when you have more than 2000 issues

Oliver Siebenmarck _Polymetis Apps_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2022

Hi @Anastasia, @Penny Boulet and everyone else stumbling on this,

I know, it's an old question, but for reference: @Monika Rani's answer is the correct one. To work around the result limits, you could do multiple queries by project or some combination of other attributes. 

Also, in Jira there are technically no labels that are not used on at least one issue. However, you might see the a label in the suggestions even that it has been removed from all issues. This happens every so often and typically is due to some in-browser caching.

If you are on Jira Cloud instead of Server, you can use Jira Expressions to list all labels on your instance.

Finally, there's an app for that. In fact, multiple apps are available to manage labels. If you're on Cloud, I'll give my totally biased recommendation and suggest Project Labels. (Disclaimer: I work for Polymetis Apps)

Anyway, hope that helps,
  Oliver

Like Monika Rani likes this

Suggest an answer