Kanban board on JSM project displays too many issues in Done column

Amir Katz (Outseer)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2021

Hello,

As discussed elsewhere, JSM projects cannot have Kanban/Scrum boards attached.

So I used the ugly hack explained here (create a board via the boards UI, use a filter that queries the JSM project and then place the board elsewhere).

It's all well & good, but the Done column (collecting all issues with Closed status) has a very large number of tickets. I set the board limit to max of 10 issues, but the limit is ignored - I get more than 10 in each swimlane.

See attached screenshots.2021-12-14 18_02_53-Window.png2021-12-14 18_03_17-Window.png

Any way to fix that, or is it a known issue?

There is a feature request here, but I'm not sure it's relevant.

2 answers

1 vote
Markus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2021

Hi @Amir Katz (Outseer) ,

Within your board go to the board settings > General > Hide completed issues older than

From here you can specify how long an issue that's in a resolved state should appear.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Mark

Amir Katz (Outseer)
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 15, 2021

Hi @Markus ,

Thanks, this change indeed reduces the total number, but even after changing to 1 week I still have 55 issues, which I don't want to see.

And I may be naïve, but I still expect the 'min' value to work...

So I think it's a bug in the Kanban board.

0 votes
Amir Katz (Outseer)
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 19, 2021

Clarification and update: the problem is not specific to Kanban board in a JSM project but it applies to any Kanban board on a software project.

I've submitted a bug to Atlassian support and will update this thread when I head back from them.

Sehreen Jafry May 5, 2023

Hey! I am facing the same issue. Did you get any response on the ticket you submitted?

Suggest an answer