JiraServiceDesk integration with Confluence JiraIssueOverview using ConfluenceMacro: "JIRA Issue/Filter"

Björn March 4, 2017

Hello,

this is about a Jira ServiceDesk integration with Confluence.

We set up Jira, including two ServiceDeskProjects, our customer are accessing. Now we also have Confluence up and running integrated with Jira. For any Jira/Confluence user it is easy to create a ConfluencePage to put a custom made JiraIssue overview (based on a jira filter) into place, using ConfluenceMacro: "JIRA Issue/Filter".

Now we would like to provide those kind of overviews based on JiraFilters to our Customers in Jira (not JiraUsers). They do not have JiraUsers but actually are JiraServiceDeskCustomers belonging to an JiraServiceDeskOrganisation.

I found out that granting access to a restricted ConfluencePage is only possible per Customer but not per Organisation, right?

And then I found out that none of the issues, that actually is visible to the Customer/Organisation in ServiceDesk, are not shown in the ConfluenceMacro: "JIRA Issue/Filter" on my ConfluencePage, unless I set the Reporter in the issues being this one ConflueneceUser looking at the ConfluencePage. So it looks like the ConfluenceMacro: "JIRA Issue/Filter" is not using Organisation accessibility granting like ServiceDesk does, but actually checking per user/customer, right?

So how would I create such a jira issue overview in a confluence page based on jira filters?

Thank you for your help

Sincerely kindest regards

Björn

2 answers

0 votes
Gerry Tan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 7, 2017

JSD customers are free, hence we purposely put restrictions on what feature JSD customers can use. Searching JIRA issues using JQL is not one of them.

0 votes
Niclas Sandstroem
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2017

I think this is a bit tricky one way would be to utilise EazyBI for example and aggregate reports on what you want to show. Most likely at this moment building a plugin for your needs is most likely closer to what you would like.

I hope you find something I haven't had time to see in regards to this. A lot of the JSD fields will not display in Confluence as is. I hope they update he JIRA Iissue macro in Confluence soon and maybe add some generic config possibilities like "display this without authentication use this user".

Suggest an answer