Jira webhook to Microsoft teams

Wendy Thorneloe March 12, 2019

Hi

So I'm reading this page

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/webhooks/?_ga=2.160123198.2061410864.1552319586-703069854.1545148413

When I create an issue in Jira in a specific project I want it to be sent to Microsoft Teams

How do I configure my URL in my webhook to only send the issues that are in my project? 

Lets say this is my webhook

https://outlook.office.com/webhook/7104ca29-04c0-666e-b8a6-42347a3e483f@cbe28c2f-7e6d-4e81-bdac-76a2e9f7256c/JIRA/389c0fdf30ea446bb2655034bb2a89c2

This is my project in Jira

project = EISAZURE

What should my URL look like

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ravi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2019

@Wendy Thorneloe 

Hi Wendy,

If you have admin access to JIRA. Got to System--> WebHooks and click on create webhook, it will ask you Name, status, URL etc. Provide the WebHook URL there and select the events you would like. If you do not a JIRA administrator. Provide the URL to your administrator and ask them to setup WebHook for you.

I have added an image of webhook page. Please find the attachments.

Capture.PNG

Thanks,

Ravi

Wendy Thorneloe March 13, 2019

Hi

Yes I have admin in Jira

So the answer is...

I put this in the event? project = EISAZURE instead of All Issues

Ravi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2019

@Wendy Thorneloe 

Yes. You can provide your desired JQL there.

Thanks,

Ravi

manoj reddy gajjala September 24, 2019

Hi Ravi,

Where can I get this MS teams webhook url.?

We are planning to connect jira & MS teams.

Kind Regards,

MAnoj

Ravi
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 1, 2019

Hi Manoj,

When you created a group, click on more options, there you will see "Get link to this channel" copy that link.

Teams.PNG

Like manoj reddy gajjala likes this
Sekhar Chandra November 5, 2020

@Ravi  hi

Can this web hook configure the channel's priority?

I mean, possibility to configure the channel to notify with high priority when Jira issues are logged.

Please suggest if any other possibilities are available.

Thanks,

Chandra.

0 votes
Move Work Forward
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 17, 2021

You can use Microsoft Teams Jira Connector to get notifications to Microsoft Teams. Not only notifications but lots of other benefits.

If you've got any questions please do not hesitate to let me now.

Abraham Brookes November 19, 2023

Why are they called baby change stations if you leave with the same baby you came in with?

0 votes
Raphael Dreyfus November 20, 2019

Hi,

Is there a way to do the exact same thing but with Whatsapp instead of MS Teams?

I mean sending notifications to a whatsapp group, whenever a Jira service-desk ticket of priority X is created by customer Y ?

If yes, how can I get the specific whatsapp group "Webhook URL" ?

Thanks,

Raphael

P Sunil Kumar April 6, 2021

@Wendy Thorneloe Did you get the resolution for your issue. Even I am facing same here. I have added webhook url which is generated from teams and configured JQL to specific project to get notification. But, i am receiving notification from other projects too which is not specified in JQL.

Wendy Thorneloe April 6, 2021

HI

We decided not to use this so I gave up on the issue

Sorry!!

Wendy

Raphael Dreyfus April 6, 2021

did not get answer concerning whatsapp

P Sunil Kumar April 6, 2021

Thanks for reply!... I will let you know... If I get a solution for this issue.

rimple June 17, 2021

Hi,

Did you get the solution, I did exactly the same, but notifications are not coming?

Please help

Wendy Thorneloe June 17, 2021

I never got it to work. I gave up.

Like Jay Van Voast likes this
rimple June 17, 2021

Do you any other solution to notify ms teams with jira?

rimple June 17, 2021

It’s pretty urgent for me

Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2021

Hi @Wendy Thorneloe 

Please try this steps to integrate Jira and MS Teams.

1. Navigate to Microsoft Teams, Choose the teams section, choose More options (...) next to the channel name, then choose Connectors.
  2. Scroll through the list of Connectors to Jira Server, and choose Add
  3. Choose configure button a popup setting will appear with Webhook URL and Instructions.
  4. Now copy the URL of Webhook and Save it, go ahead, and save the settings.
  5. Navigate to Jira Administration settings and click System option search for Webhook.
  6. In Webhooks there will be a Create Webhook button, we can use it to create new Webhook.
  7. In the new Webhook we need to paste the URL obtain from Jira Server(Connectors).
  8. Also select the required project and issue type through JQL expression, also as per the requirements we can select the actions such as Issue Created, Issue Deleted, Comment, etc.
  9. Now create test issue for respected project which we have added to the JQL expression in the Webhook and verify whether issue will be shown in the Teams Chat.

If it works for you, Please Accept the answer.

Like Aistis Rutkauskas likes this
Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2021

Hi @rimple 

Please try this steps to integrate Jira and MS Teams.

1. Navigate to Microsoft Teams, Choose the teams section, choose More options (...) next to the channel name, then choose Connectors.
  2. Scroll through the list of Connectors to Jira Server, and choose Add
  3. Choose configure button a popup setting will appear with Webhook URL and Instructions.
  4. Now copy the URL of Webhook and Save it, go ahead, and save the settings.
  5. Navigate to Jira Administration settings and click System option search for Webhook.
  6. In Webhooks there will be a Create Webhook button, we can use it to create new Webhook.
  7. In the new Webhook we need to paste the URL obtain from Jira Server(Connectors).
  8. Also select the required project and issue type through JQL expression, also as per the requirements we can select the actions such as Issue Created, Issue Deleted, Comment, etc.
  9. Now create test issue for respected project which we have added to the JQL expression in the Webhook and verify whether issue will be shown in the Teams Chat.

If it works for you, Please Accept the answer.

Like Aistis Rutkauskas likes this
Miriam Cox October 26, 2021

Hello Mayur

I am trying to follow the same steps but using the connector for Jira Cloud.  The problem is that in Teams when I click 'Add' in the connector screen, nothing happens.  The button is highlighted but there is no 'configure' button that you mentioned above to then follow through with.  There is a 'Configured' menu item but when I click on it there is the wait image showing and it does nothing else.

Where can I find the 'configure' button that you refer to please so I can get the webhook url?

Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 26, 2021

Hi @Miriam Cox 
I request you to open new question, Would love to help you!!!

Regards,
Mayur J

Suggest an answer