Jira: the option to create a project with shared configuration no longer appears. how do i do this?

christinarigo July 19, 2018

If I go into Jira and select Create Project then I can enter a project name and the project is now automatically created. I used to be able to select another project to clone all the setup like workflows, components, issue types, etc. How do we do that now? 

1 answer

2 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2018

Hi Christina,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

You can still create a project based on an existing one, but you have to change the template

Projects - JIRA.png

At the bottom of the available templates you will find the shared configuration

Config.png

christinarigo July 19, 2018

Thank you so much Mikael! You made my day! 

Elisia Schrauth December 10, 2018

Hello, did something in Jira change?

I am no longer seeing "Create with shared configuration" at the bottom of the available templates. Thank you!

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2018

@Elisia Schrauth You now find the setting under Advanced

Create.png

Elisia Schrauth December 10, 2018

Perfect, thank you!

Nico Ehrenhofer April 23, 2021

I find the wording really irritating. You have to go through a wizard and select templates and at the very end you get this option. And from a user perspective a I have chosen setting and then I get the question if I want to share with other projects. Of cause I dont want to share the setting I have chosen not with existing project. I want to use the setting of an existing project.

Like nathan likes this

Suggest an answer