Jira notifications

In the Notification Schemes, I have added a single user to the Issue Resolved event for a specific project and it worked (the user got an email when a task was resolved).

However, I did the same thing to a different project (added the same user to the Issue Resolved event) but he was not getting any emails when tasks are resolved under that project.

Am I missing something? Is there a special setting somewhere for individual projects that I'm not seeing?

4 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

The only user specific restriction I'm aware of is that JIRA will not send a notification to a user that is not able to browse the project.

Paulo Hennig Atlassian Team Sep 30, 2015

Hello There,
What happens when you use the notification helper for this? Do you have different post-functions in the workflow for this project? 

Also, who resolved the issue?  If it was that user, then they will have had the email binned if they have "do not email me on my own changes" enabled in their profile.

Also, the resolution transition in the workflow has to emit the "Issue Resolved" event in its post function list; if someone created the transition manually, the default is to emit a generic event instead, and so that would need to have been changed.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted 16 hours ago in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

42 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you