Jira notifications

MinB September 30, 2015

In the Notification Schemes, I have added a single user to the Issue Resolved event for a specific project and it worked (the user got an email when a task was resolved).

However, I did the same thing to a different project (added the same user to the Issue Resolved event) but he was not getting any emails when tasks are resolved under that project.

Am I missing something? Is there a special setting somewhere for individual projects that I'm not seeing?

4 answers

0 votes
Jeremy Gaudet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2015

Also, the resolution transition in the workflow has to emit the "Issue Resolved" event in its post function list; if someone created the transition manually, the default is to emit a generic event instead, and so that would need to have been changed.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2015

Also, who resolved the issue?  If it was that user, then they will have had the email binned if they have "do not email me on my own changes" enabled in their profile.

0 votes
Paulo Hennig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 30, 2015

Hello There,
What happens when you use the notification helper for this? Do you have different post-functions in the workflow for this project? 

0 votes
Jeremy Gaudet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2015

The only user specific restriction I'm aware of is that JIRA will not send a notification to a user that is not able to browse the project.

Suggest an answer