Jira estimate input fields have disappeared from quick view in backlog

Paul van den Dool December 9, 2019

Since a few weeks, the estimate fields in the quick view (split view) of our backlog are gone.

For privacy reasons, I can't share a screenshot of the spot the input fields are missing, but picture the backlog with the quick view in a split view on the right. With at the top the breadcrumbs (project/ticket key) and below it the title of the ticket.

Below that we used to have two input fields. One for the original estimate and one for the remaining estimate.

Without any changes to the board configuration, these two fields have disappeared. When searching for an answer I only found answers to similar questions saying the Estimation in the board configuration should be set accordingly. But as far as I can see, we've set it correctly.

Screenshot 2019-12-09 at 08.53.51.png

I've tried adding "original estimate" as a custom field in the card layout tab, but that didn't give the expected result.

And further Googling only returned the same answers: estimation in the board configuration is wrong.

Does somebody know what we are doing wrong?
Or might this be an issue with Jira?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 10, 2019

Hello Paul,

Sorry to hear you are facing this problem.

I believe the fields and the view you are talking about are the ones displayed in the screenshot below. Is that correct?

Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 14.55.10.png

That fields are displayed like that in previous versions of Jira, however, in new JIRA Version those fields are displayed as any other system fields under the issue details:

Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 15.03.43.png

That being said, can you please confirm what is the current Jira version you are using and if any upgrade was performed recently?

If that's not the case, please check the following:

1 - Confirm if the fields are properly added to your screens under project settings > Screens

2 - Try to use a different browser and check if the problem reproduces.

Additionally, could you please maybe hide your sensitive data and provide us a screenshot displaying the format of your board view? 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Paul van den Dool December 10, 2019

Thank you for the reply.
I can't find the proper field under settings > screens. But I've asked the system admin to run an update soon so we'll see if it works properly for us in the new JIRA version.

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 11, 2019

Ok, Paul.

Let us know if you still facing the same problem after the update.

Paul van den Dool February 20, 2020

It took a little while for the responsible person to perform the update, but it's done and the fields are back :)

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
February 26, 2020

Thank you for letting us know, @Paul van den Dool

Have a nice day! :)

Suggest an answer