Jira board UI is not loading

Yaroslav January 14, 2023

Hi community,

I have created new free trial Jira instance recently and my first project there. I am able to create issues there, but my boards like Backlog/Active sprints/Roadmap are not loading in UI. Please see the screenshot.board_is_not_loading.png

The issue is not gone after a few hours. I have tested it on three browsers (Firefox, Chromium, Chrome) in both incognito and common modes. Also I have tested it on my phone in browser version. None of the above helped.

In the phone app by the way I am also not able to open issues with this error.

cannot_open_issue_on_phone.jpg

(not sure if these issues are related or not)

Could you please advise what could be the problem and how to fix it?

Thanks,

Yaroslav

---

UDPATE from 1/17/2023:

I asked my friend to try it in his computer and his network and everything worked fine there. Though I tied with my devices/networks 2 times (with 2 different accounts and jira instances) and neither helped. So it looks like the issue is tight to my accounts/instances on jira server side. Because accessing my instance from friend's computer also didn't work.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Yaroslav January 18, 2023

The issue was gone in some magic way after I contacted Atlassian Support team (I needed to activate a 14-Day Free Trial for that). Though I'm not sure if they changed something or not.

Anyway it works now.

0 votes
Tam _DevSamurai_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 15, 2023

Maybe issues with your network or extensions installed on your browsers. You should try again on different machine in a different network.

Yaroslav January 16, 2023

@Tam _DevSamurai_I have tested 4 browsers, incognito modes, 2 laptops and 1 phone, my wifi and mobile internet, and nothing works. Same 4XX and 5XX error everywhere. I'm a bit desperate now since I have no clue what is the problem and how to fix it. Apparently the issue is on Jira Cloud's side or idk. I could invite you to my jira instance if you like and you could try by yourself. Since I have tried the same from the different account and issue persists.

0 votes
Tam _DevSamurai_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 14, 2023

I recommend contacting Atlassian Support to resolve your issue ;-)

Yaroslav January 15, 2023

Hi @Tam _DevSamurai_ ,

I would contact them if I could, but as I understood they do not provide support for "Free Trial" versions of Jira. If I go to

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

I see atlassian_support.png

It says:

Jira Software Free comes with Community Support. Upgrade to a paid plan to get one-on-one customer support.

That is why I came here with this question. Or am I doing something wrong and in fact Atlassian Support can help me in some way?

Thanks

Tam _DevSamurai_
Marketplace Partner
January 15, 2023

Okay, so I think you should try something.

Open the browser web console when accessing Jira and check if any error from the console logs,  also check the network and check if any failed requests?

@Tam _DevSamurai_ok so there are actually some warnings, errors and 4XX and 5XX responses.

0. Failed to run init function: TypeError: removeOldAnalytics is not a function function() { determineStorageKey(); setTimeout(bulkPublish, 500); removeOldAnalytics(); }

1. {"errorMessages":["Internal server error"],"errors":{}}

2. {"status":"Conflict","message":"User is not enrolled in message 'devops-launch-toolchain-spotlight'","errors":[]}

3. {"errorMessages":["Invalid request payload. Refer to the REST API documentation and try again."]}

4. Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: e is undefined

5. IndexedDB timed out.

6. {"errors":{},"errorMessages":["The property isDevopsProject does not exist."],"httpStatusCode":{"empty":false,"present":true}}

7. Source map error: Error: request failed with status 404

8. Source map error: Error: NetworkError when attempting to fetch resource.browser_console.pngbrowser_network.png

@Tam _DevSamurai_also when I try to open Roadmap, I see this:

Something's gone wrong
Our team has been notified. If the problem persists, please contact Atlassian Support.
error_roadmap.png
Indhar Jain October 19, 2023

@Yaroslav did u get any solution for this issue ?error_roadmap.png

Sudarshan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2023

Any update on such issues?
I encountered this today.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events