Jira+Zephyr

Marta Dmytriv January 20, 2020

We installed Zephyr Plugin for Jira cloud but the creating of test cases doesn't work. The grey screen is displayed after clicking the "Create a test" menu item in Zephyr. What a problem?

2 answers

0 votes
Chris Stanbridge February 4, 2021

I came across this after trying out Zephyr and X-Ray on the same Jira cloud.

They don't play very well together, which is a shame as I wanted to compare the tools.

Solution was to uninstall Zephyr, change the X-Ray issue type from "Test" to something else, and re-install Zephyr.

For our comparison exercise we had to create a project for Zephyr without the X-Ray issue types, and a project for X-Ray without the Zephyr issue types.

Additionally to see X-Ray without the Zephyr functionality, we had to remove the Zephyr sidebar functionality and execution work flow configurations (disable through settings > apps > general configuration.

0 votes
jagadeesh madhura
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2020

@Marta Dmytriv please go to the project settings >> issue type >> add test issue type to the project and try again

Marta Dmytriv January 20, 2020

We made it, but it's the same green screen

jagadeesh madhura
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2020

please Navigate to jira settings >> apps >> general information >> check test issue type is present or not.  

if general Information displays empty screen with I'd say collapsed "View Change History" button  then rename old issue type with the name "Test", then uninstalled/reinstalled Zephyr and add the Zephyr Test issue type to the project.

if you are still facing issue reach out to zephyr support

https://support.smartbear.com/message?prod=zephyr

Suggest an answer