Jira Toolkit addon - no instructions, cannot see fields mentioned anywhere in Service deks

paul sexstone September 26, 2019

I see this app oin my list of apps but it has no configuration options and i cannot see or use any of the mentioned fields anywhere in service desk.

any ideas as i really want to use the email domain fields

Image 001.png

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2019

When you go to Jira settings > issues > custom fields > add custom field you will be presented with the basic (and supported) custom field types. If you click Advanced you will see the toolkit additions (unsupported)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2019

The plugin does not add fields, it provides the code behind them, adding field types to the custom fields.

You have to add the fields yourself (this means you have more say over their configuration - you may only want them in some places, you might want different names and so on)

If, for example, you have installed the plugin because you want the "participants" field, you need to go to Admin -> Custom fields, click "add field" and select "participants" from the list of types, then name it and choose where it will appear.

Suggest an answer