Jira Team Mentions issue

Jalesa Ragland May 3, 2023

We are having issues with Team Mentions. Whenever we use the Team Mention @AskNoc, it does not email the people listed in the team. 

Key Issues:

• The mention feature in Jira is not emailing the listed team members.
  • Uncertainty about whether this is a design feature or a misconfiguration.
  • The need to find a way to communicate to the NOC team as a whole that a Security Questionnaire is complete.
  • The desire to use a Jira Team mention as a simple solution to communicate with the team, but it is not currently emailing everyone when they are mentioned.
  • The share feature is emailing the whole team but not leaving a comment or record of the share in the corresponding ticket, which is not ideal from an IT Service Management perspective.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2023

hi @Jalesa Ragland , Welcome to the community.

You should be able to use this feature. This article confirms that - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Keep-your-team-in-the-loop-with-Team-mentions-in-Jira-Software/ba-p/1280016

I am unaware of any issues being reported on this but will look at jira.atlassian.com

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2023

this article indicates a limit of 50 members when using team mentions. Unsure if this applies in your case. mention-a-person-or-team 

I checked JAC but did not find open issues.

There is only about 7 members being mentioned? I just added myself to the team, let me run another test and see if I get an email. 

No email. :( We have the team setup and everything like that article suggests. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2023

hmmm. does a single @mention result in an email? you might need to reach out to Atlassian support. I guess you have checked junk folder?

It does result in an email. I was able to reach out to Atlassian Support but they didn't know what we were talking about. Do you know if there is a number to call? 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2023

there is no support phone number. I don't understand why Atlassian support would not understand this topic. Maybe you could send them the link I sent above that explains the use of @mentions for a team.

I will do that. Thanks so much for the quick reply and all of the help!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2023

please update us here

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events