Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Jira Software Data Center API Documentation

As you have already warned: "We're making changes to our server and Data Center products, including the end of sale for new server licenses on February 2, 2021 and the end of our support for server on February 2, 2024."

As a developer, I need to understand everything that could impact my current application for Jira, and knowing the Jira Server is sunsetting, I'd like to know if we have now a API documentation for those who will 
remain self-managed, changing to Jira Software Data Center.

As well as we have the Jira Server API documentation, do we have one API documentation for Jira Software Data Center?

I couldn't find it.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Ok, that's an excellent question, and the first thing that ran across my mind was the useless answer of "you're looking in the wrong place"!

Jira Server and Jira Data Center are the same thing deep down.  How they're installed and licenced determines if your service is Server or DC, but you can actually take a Jira Server and convert it to a single-node DC by just flipping the licence.

As the code is the same, so are all the APIs.

However, if you are coding for DC there's a few extra things you have to think about - you can take a Server app and convert it - many don't need any changes at all, but see https://confluence.atlassian.com/enterprise/evaluate-apps-for-data-center-migration-964962020.html for the basic principles.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you