Jira Sending Email When Tickets Created

Probably I m missing something very trivial.

All I need is to set Jira to send email notifications when the tickets are created, deleted, resolved, updated .......

I can send test emails and Share emails without any problems.

The links on documentations are useless.

Can you guys help?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote

2 things to check

1. Does your project has a notification scheme?

2. Are you making changes yourself and the options to 'Notify for Own changes' in your profile is set to 'No'?

my bad u were right about the own changes. and email come little late. after i changed notify own changes to on then i started receiving the emails. there is a 5 minute lag tough. Thank you for your help.

Hi guys, I just signed up to Jira to use as a bug tracking tool on a software development project. can someone please guide me through integrating Jira with Outlook so that we can be receiving email notifications when a bug is raised or when someone changes the status of a defect/bug? Im am lost. Im the administrator and dont know how to set this up. I have added 15-20 users to Jira and im currently in the process of preparing for UAT. I need emails to come from Jira.....into outlook please.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

80 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you