Jira REST API error code 404

sanan sanan September 17, 2019

Hi,

I am system admin of my Jira server and have access to all the custom fields. 

I am trying to run following rest api in browser

https://xxxx.xxx.xx/rest/api/2/customFieldOption/10981

But I get following error

{"errorMessages":["A custom field option with id '10981' does not exist"],"errors":{}}

What wrong am I doing?

I am able to explore same field from Jira Admin GUI. but REST API does not work. 

following API works fine and gives me all the list of custom fields and in the list field id 10981 is also listed with details. It means I do have access.

https://xxxx.xxx.xx/rest/api/latest/customFields?maxResults=1000 

1 answer

0 votes
jira guy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2019

This is probably a field with no options like a text field or something

jira guy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2019

What are you trying to accomplish anyway?

Hi,

Thanks for your response. 

I just want to know what is the result of this api command. that is it. But it is failing every time. 

I have tried with number type field also. But it fails. 

I dont understand when you say "field with no option"

Regards

jira guy
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 17, 2019

There are no actual options for these fields and the data is usually entered during ticket creation. Same thing with number field as well. 

Try a select list, you will get the result

No luck.

same error with select list type also.

Suggest an answer