Jira Next Gen Project - can not see the sum of story points from child stories

Gary Febbrarino February 13, 2019

Hi all

I have created a next-gen JIRA project in the cloud and am having the following problem:

1- The Story Points on the child Stories are not summed on the Epic

2- there seem to be no field on the story that I can search on to indicate the Epic parent anymore

Help???

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Gabriele Franck
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 13, 2019

Hey, Gary

The next-gen board type, which is also a Software project type, is designed to be simpler than the classic Scrum and Kanban templates, with a single board, a basic workflow and no schemes or configurations that makes admins lost precious time. It's ready to be used.

Although the next-gen is an easier board to deal with, a lot of features from classic boards are not available there for now, as you can see that in our: Next-gen roadmap for Jira Software Cloud documentation.

We have some feature requests for those requests with our dev team as:

As a user, I'd like to be able to use JQL for Epic Link for Next-Gen project epics

Display sum of children issues story points for an Epic

I recommend you to vote, comment and watch them in order to get updates from our dev team.

Let  me know if this clarifies our concerns for now! :)

Gabi

Gary Febbrarino February 14, 2019

Well, that makes things clear, thanks.

I need to wait until Oct 19 for the above. A great product with lots of potential just needs more time.

Like Gabriele Franck likes this
0 votes
agrieve July 23, 2020

Hello - just came across this thread. I have the same problem - in Jira Next-Gen is there a way to see a sum of story points for an Epic?

Just seen https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17275 I'll vote for that!

0 votes
Jason einon April 3, 2019

A work around I have had to use instead of going back to the legacy project is to add a label field, each task / story created I can then use the following jql query in confluence to pull back jira's per epic. 

project = "project name" AND "workstream label" = "label id"

2019-04-03_23-41-50.png

Larry May 20, 2019

It's inconceivable that I've encountered what I would consider four must-have features in the course of my eval of the next-gen agile project.

Although the concept is decent. It seems that not enough resources are being applied to it given the maturity level it is at.

Sad ....

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer