Jira New Issue View - Adding table within numbered list in comments section

Mitch Coler January 22, 2020

When attempting to add a table within a comment and using numbered list it breaks the continuity of the numbered list. Does Atlassian have an open bug to address this?

4. TableIssues.png

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2020

Hi @Mitch Coler

Does this work for you in Classic View? I gave it a go in our instance and it broke the numbered list in either view.

Ste

Mitch Coler January 23, 2020

Yes so I also saw that it broke the formatting in the Classic View as well but someone on our development team was able to send me an example where it did not break it. I will try to get them to reproduce how they were able to get it to work and post.

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2020

Thanks @Mitch Coler

Ensure they're using the text editor / wiki render, rather than just manually typing a numbered list, which is the alternative. 

It looks almost the same and works fine given it is not based on logic, it's just text.

Ste

Suggest an answer