Jira - Issues from one board showing up in all boards

nickburnsap August 1, 2019

I've made a project that I wish to have a number of boards in, each with their own, isolated Versions, Epics and Issues, but after setting up and adding issues to one Board, those Issues showed up in the other 4 Boards within the Project. Is there a way to isolate a Board from another Board within a Project?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2019

Hi @nickburnsap ,

Yes, you can do this. Boards are built from filters, so you will just need to create filters that pull in the distinct issues for each board.  

Here is more information:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Agile-articles/Managing-Multiple-Projects-in-a-Single-Board-or-One-Scrum-to/ba-p/1035297

-Scott

nickburnsap August 1, 2019

Hi @Scott Theus ,

If I'm understanding this right, what you're suggesting is to have a number of Projects with a Scrum-of-Scrums that reviews all their issues.

As opposed to what I am trying to do which is have a number of Boards within a Single Project.

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2019

It works the same way. As long as you can write filter to pull in just the issues you want to show on the board you can separate them from the rest of the issues in the project.  

Edit: I do this currently with a project that is part Scrum and part Kanban using the Team field (from Portfolio.) My "Scrum Team" issues go to the Scrum board,  my "DevOps Team" issues go to the Kanban board, and I have a main Kanban style board for all the issues.

Suggest an answer