Jira Import wizard Error - There was an error importing file Unexpected local file header signature:

Hi All,

I am currently migrating from a server instance of Jira to a cloud-based instance. when I import the backup zip folder I am receiving the below error message each time at 60%.

The Zip contains both XML files and the data folder containing the attachment and avatars. Can anyone advise?

I have previously imported the XML successfully but missed the attachments, If possible I im happy to just import the attachments only if anyone can advise if this can be done with the wizard?

Capture.PNG

2 answers

Hi @Alexey Matveev

I did  but perhaps I got confused!

Should the back up look like this with the parent zip containing the attachments as zips?

JIRA-backup-20161021.zip
├── activeobjects.xml
├── entities.xml
├── data.zip
│   ├── attachments
│   └── avatars
└── logos.zip

or this with just folders and xml's as I tried this way and it fails every time.

JIRA-backup-20161021.zip
├── activeobjects.xml
├── entities.xml
├── data
│   ├── attachments
│   └── avatars
└── logos

The attachments are the only thing I'm missing at this point!

Regards

Alexey Matveev Community Champion Jan 05, 2018

I will be honest with you. I never did the procedure before. But as I understand there must 3 zip files avatars.zip, logos.zip, attachments.zip in your zip file.

Ill give it ago and see how I get on!

Thanks for the advice

I received this:

There was an error importing file XXXXX.zip: Failed to upzip uploaded file. Following issues were reported: Invalid CRC. Expected 0x1E3AD8AB, got 0x4BF714BE

I have rebuilt the zip so will see how I get on from a fresh go.

I have had the same error twice now. I have zipped them using winzip, 7 zip and windows compression. Any ideas where I may be going wrong @Alexey Matveev?

How big is your attachment directory when ziped?

Maybe it is because the file is too large. I am not sure. Let s wait until someone comes across your question.

I would recommend opening a Support ticket with Atlassian.  We just did a Server to Cloud migration for a client and had to work with Support to get the data imported.  What we saw sounds a lot like what you are seeing.

Thanks @Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]

I will get a ticket raised. Are you able to confirm the structure of the zip file for me?

Regards

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,342 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot