Jira+Fisheye+Crucible data

Sam Sung September 7, 2011

Hi

Is it possible (and recommanded) to install Jira and Fisheye in the same database, the same scheme with the same user ?

I'm using PostgreSQL 8.4.

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brooke Gravitt
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 7, 2011

We've used shared database instances, but I wouldn't expect this to work at all within the same schema. If you're in mysql, we keep them in the same instance of mysqld, but seperate databases. In Oracle, they're on the same DB instance, but separate schemas. FMMV.

2 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2011

It's certainly not advisable and maybe not possible to use the same database. Why would you even want to do that?

Sam Sung September 7, 2011

OK Thanks.

It's only because my postgres admin forgot to create my fisheye scheme. I must wait a few hours he comes back!

1 vote
seb
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 8, 2011

The FishEye database tables are all prefixed by cru_ so should be able to sit in a database with other apps, however ActiveObjects (plugin configuration data) is not prefixed and may cause clashes (although it seems unlikely, you would need the same plugin classes in two apps)

Suggest an answer