Jira Core/Software, Service Desk upgrade

Christos Moysiadis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2018

Hi to everyone and nice to meet you,

first things first to say that i'm new to Atlassian Comm. and Products too and so i want to ask your patience! :))

I'm asked to upgrade an existed Jira Software and Service Desk Env. from version 7.3(current) to the latest possible (taking in concern that it has no side effects). Of course i will work on a test environment to make the whole process.

After many hours of searching in docs i'm quite sure the path that i should follow + the method that i should use, but i want your advice too.

• Is it ok to upgrade from 7.3 --> 7.11/7.12 all at once ? OR
  • should i follow the order like 7.3 --> 7.7 (until here exists already a mentioned upgrade with no big issues) --> 7.10 (or can bypassed if not necessary) --> 7.11 /7.12 ? 

If the question is ansered already i want to ask a big Sorry :)

Thank you all in advance

CM

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2018

Hi @Christos Moysiadis

the Upgrade Matrix should give you all the information you need:

• no need to upgrade to intermediate versions if you're upgrading from 7.0 or later, so you can go straight from 7.3 to 7.12
  • be sure to check on the Upgrade Matrix that you still are on a supported platform: for example, support was ended was PostgreSQL 9.2 from Jira 7.4
  • review all your plugins compatibility, as this is often causing problems with latest versions

If you have 30 minutes free, you can watch a video from the Atlassian Summit (it just ended  yesterday !) that talks about application upgrade, it's very useful if you're not used to do such things: https://www.atlassian.com/company/events/summit-europe/watch-sessions/2018/atlassian-admin/jira-upgrades-at-scale-tips-from-seasoned-admins

Let me know if you have questions, 

--Alexis

Christos Moysiadis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2018

@Alexis Robert thank u a LOT for your reply :)) 

I will spend time to the video too !!! 

Thnx again!!!

Suggest an answer