Jira Clouds for Sheets not working (December 2021)

mateus.santos December 1, 2021

Hi, 

I have a recent issue that started at the beginning of this last week of November, 2021. 

I use Jira (Jira Clouds for Sheets) integration in Google Sheets to extract data and do automations. This search always worked normally, but now it's showing this "no site selected" error (picture attached below) in the cell of the spreadsheet that the search is being done on.

Can anyone tell if there has been any change in permissions? Any new updates that prevent Google Sheets from working the API?

I haven't found anything about it anywhere!

Screenshot from 2021-11-29 09-18-31.png

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2021

Hello @mateus.santos ,

It looks like Google Sheets is having an issue reconnecting after an auth token expiration.

To correct this open the Jira Cloud for sheets Extension in the sidebar of your sheet by going to Extensions >> Jira Cloud For Sheets >> Open and select the "Disconnect site" option towards the bottom of the sidebar:

Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 1.53.06 PM.png

This should disable that app in the sheet and then redirect you to the following link on the Atlassian Identity platform where you will want to select the Disconnect option for the "Jira Cloud for Spreadsheets" app, located under the "Apps with access to your accounts" section:

Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 2.11.06 PM.png

After the site is disconnected go back to your sheet and go to Extensions >> Jira Cloud For Sheets >> Open then go through the steps to authenticate to the site and you should be all set with a manually refreshed authentication token for the connection.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Earl

Alessio December 2, 2021

Followed the instructions, still doesn’t work. I still get 'no site selected'. Please advise

mateus.santos December 2, 2021

Thanks for the support, I followed exactly these steps and managed to solve! There really should be something wrong with the expired access token!

For those of you who still haven't managed to resolve this issue, please update your status on this issue here! My theory is that it could be something related to the creator/owner of the spreadsheet that needs to do this for the token reset to work, but I believe that only with tests it is possible to know.

Like # people like this
Alessio December 2, 2021

No, I am the creator of the sheet in this case

Alessio December 2, 2021

I decided to duplicate the doc and it worked. The original is still stuck, now on "Loading data..."

Ismoyo Eko Purwanto March 24, 2022

Hi @Earl 

I am trying to follow the instruction, but got stuck in the permission when open the extension "Jira Cloud for Sheets". There is message said "You have been deauthorized from Jira. Please connect to continue.". It's only loading after I click the button "connect to Jira"

Could you please help on this? Currently I just export the data and import it manually. I have no idea what should I do now. Thanks. 

Regards,

Moyo

Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 24, 2022

Hello @Ismoyo Eko Purwanto ,

The error above should have been fixed so if you're still receiving an error it sounds like something else is occurring.

If you are receiving the error:

You have been deauthorized from Jira. Please connect to continue.

It is most likely the following issue relating to IP allowlists:

Noting the workaround here requires contacting Atlassian support to verify and apply the required change.

So the first question is do you have an IP allow list configured as covered in:

If so create a support request at https://support.atlassian.com/contact/ and reference the bug report API-291 and the error you are seeing.

Regards,
Earl

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
December 3, 2021

Hello @Alessio  @Dave Thompson & @guilherme_boaviagem 

I've been in contact with the Jira cloud for sheets Dev team and they just pushed an update on the backend that should help out here and fix the Deauthorization issue causing the sheet to disconnect from Jira.

At most, any affected user should only have to re-auth to Jira once as defined in the steps listed in my comment earlier (if you were deauthed before this new release was pushed out), but you should not lose auth subsequently.

Please retry the manual reload process I noted earlier and I would also recommend a cache flush on the browser before doing so as well just in case something is getting held onto in the cache that is causing additional failures in the background.  let me know if you see any issues with repeated deauthorizations from here on out and we'll take a closer look.

Regards,
Earl

0 votes
Dave Thompson December 1, 2021

@Earl McCutcheon We are having the same error, the steps you provided didn't fix the issue.

It seems to only happy with the JIRA function. I can successfully use the sidebar to pull in issues with JQL.

This started on 30th November for us.

0 votes
Alessio December 1, 2021

Same here! How can I fix this?

0 votes
guilherme_boaviagem December 1, 2021

Same error here. We don't run automations, but we use the API to fetch data and speed up our sprint planning/review. I'd really appreciate some guidance on this. Thanks for bringing this up, Mateus.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events