Jira Cloud for Slack is not responding to every user

Fred Deichler March 8, 2021

Hello,

I'm trying to track down an issue where the Jira Cloud app for Slack is not responding to every user.

A user mentioned a ticket and no reply:
Screen_Shot_2021-03-08_at_11_37_27_AM.png

I then went and did the same thing and Jira Cloud responded to me:
Screen_Shot_2021-03-08_at_11_40_04_AM.png

I had another user try and same thing:
Screen_Shot_2021-03-08_at_11_42_41_AM.png

Here is our Slack integration page in Jira for that project:
Screen Shot 2021-03-08 at 11.44.30 AM.png

And, here is an example from another channel/project where I was not involved and it shows the Jira Cloud app not responding to every person:
Screen_Shot_2021-03-08_at_11_46_32_AM.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 8, 2021

Hi @Fred Deichler ,

It's possible these folks aren't logged in to Jira through Slack. When this is the case, the app will try to send them a message in the channel:

image.png

But if they take no action or don't log in successfully, they'll see a button to silence the app the next time this happens:

image.png

The app will also wait longer and longer between prompts to log in. It's possible they've dismissed the notification and/or are in a wait period and aren't seeing this ephemeral (visible only to them) message when they mention an issue key.

You can have them run the /jira manage command in Slack, which should either tell them they are logged in as a specific Jira user, or give them the smaller message that allows them to log in:

image.png

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Fred Deichler March 9, 2021

@Daniel Eads

This exactly fixed it, thank you so much

0 votes
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2021

@Fred Deichler One thing to check would be the user's permissions for the project - is there any difference in the permissions of the users who are able to trigger the Slack message compared to the users who aren't able to?

Fred Deichler March 8, 2021

Thanks for the tip @Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_ , I checked the roles within the project and the groups that they belong to and I'm not seeing a difference that could cause this issue

I have set both users from the final example to the same group and the same permissions within the project and will see if that makes a difference.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events