Jira Cloud for Microsoft Teams without Microsoft account

Chandan Datta May 27, 2020

We are trying to connect our JIRA cloud instance with MS Teams, but can't add the JIRA cloud accounts. Is it currently only limited to Microsoft or AD connected accounts, because we don't have JIRA linked with AD or any Microsoft account? I believe, the Microsoft Teams for Jira connector requires a Microsoft account to connect to JIRA. So we don't have that. How can we use JIRA from MS Teams then?

I found the [steps](https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Jira-Cloud-for-Microsoft-Teams-connection-not-responsive/qaq-p/767327\) by Softserve team, but can't get past the logon screen as shown in the screenshot because our AD accounts/MS accounts are not linked with JIRA. Other settings are done as per the softserve team's recommendations.

Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 10.24.36 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2020-05-27 at 10.25.06 PM.jpg

4 answers

0 votes
Joel James July 22, 2020

Hey @Chandan Datta - did you get a reply from SoftServe?  We are in the same boat where our Jira Cloud was set up outside of our AD domain.  

Cheers,

Joel

Chandan Datta July 27, 2020

We are yet to try some azure admin portal settings Softserve wanted us to check, but it is delayed on our side, so I will close and report on the solution once we are unblocked on that front. I can't confirm if the solution SoftServe gave will solve. But you can try and update. Basically

• first you need Microsoft Office 365 (Business license or Enterprise Office 365) account.
  • Then administrator consent is required in order to register an application. Check in the organization's settings (https://aad.portal.azure.com
    if the option "Users can consent to apps accessing company data on their behalf" is disabled (it's OK as an additional level of security).
    • It indicates that a global administrator needs to sign in consent on behalf of the organization before users can sign in.

Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 11.07.36 AM.jpg

Joel James July 28, 2020

Brilliant @Chandan Datta!  I suspect that's the thing.  I don't think they'll allow it as they don't use Jira the way we do and are afraid of causing themselves more work if someone has an issue with it. 👎

0 votes
Move Work Forward
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2020

@Chandan Datta you also can try an alternative Microsoft Teams Jira Connector.

Chandan Datta June 15, 2020

It's not the same because I don't just want notifications but the full app integration similar to the idea of MS Fluid UI.

Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 5.29.16 PM.jpg

Like Move Work Forward likes this
0 votes
SoftServe Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2020

Hi @Chandan Datta

We would kindly ask you to contact us at https://www.softserveinc.com/en-us/msteams-atlassian-privacy-policy so we can investigate your issue and help you out.

Best regards,
SoftServe Support Team

Thanks. Done

When I clicked on Softserve, it took me to Atlassian url, although it is not from Atlassian. didn't realise it was a marketplace vendor connector. Please remove the URL in MS Teams marketplace as it is confusing.

Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 5.36.00 PM.jpg

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 28, 2020

Hello Chandan,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

I saw that you created a ticket with our support related to the same question and they suggested contacting SoftServe support.

I also added their tag on your question here, so they can easily find this post.

After the issue is resolved, feel free to share the resolution here to help other community members that may have the same question.

Regards,
Angélica

Yep, will do.

I had initially thought that the MS Teams connector was developed by Atlassian themselves and put in the  marketplace, similar to the Outlook connector which works very well.

Teams in increasingly becoming the central hub of everything in MS world, so hope there is a Atlassian eco-system integration roadmap with Microsoft 365 eco-system integration. Please update me if possible with the details. 

Like Move Work Forward likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events