Jira Cloud for Microsoft Teams connection not responsive

Shane McFarlane April 5, 2018

Hi,

Im having issues connecting Jira cloud to my Microsoft team instance. After input of the Jira instance within teams, the system tries to complete connection to Jira and sits on the following screen (Below) and does not proceed. I've been trying for a week and the issue has not resolved itself, any ideas?

2018-04-06_12-19-51.png

5 answers

0 votes
Jimmy Newman March 12, 2019

No. We dis get it working after the last update. We uninstalled and reinstalled and then it worked. Now my problem is the confluence plugin is doing the same. Will try a reinstall of that also. 

0 votes
SoftServe Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2019

Dear @Matthias Geske 

Please try to check whether you are still facing problems with authentication. First of all, we would kindly ask you to reinstall the add-on and to log and create a tab via browser (web-version of MS Teams).

Waiting for your reply!

Best regards,
SoftServe Support Team

0 votes
Matthias Geske February 13, 2019

Hi SoftServe Support,

im getting an issue to take a look at our (in MS Teams desktop and online) embedded tasks etc. Because we are getting a permission error, after we tried to bound a new Jira Cloud Channel to a new team section. After i put in our jira cloud adress im getting a hint to authorize in Jira to connect. At first i was getting no response, after some tries im getting 403:OK response and i cant see anaything from JIRA cloud in whole MS Teams. In JIRA the App is installed.

Can you help me?

Thanks

Matthias

SoftServe Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2019

Dear Matthias,

Could you please provide us with screenshots of the issue? It would be helpfull for investigation. 
1.Try to use MSTeams online in incognito mode. 
2.What is your current version of addon in Jira?
3.Please make sure you are using correct domains, like: have atlassian.comjira.com or atlassian.net.
4.Try  to reinstall integration in MSTeams directly and addon in your Jira.

If you have any further issues, please feel free to submit a ticket at MicrosoftTeamsIntegrationsSupport@softserveinc.com

Best regards,

SoftServe Support

0 votes
SoftServe Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 11, 2018

Dear Shane,

Please be informed that the issue with the initial Tab setup has been fixed and it can now be done in both browser and desktop versions of Microsoft Teams. 

Should you have any questions or issues, please feel free to submit a new ticket.

Thank you!

Best regards,
SoftServe Support

Tarek Faham October 18, 2018

I am facing the same problem. I tried to use the "connect" command from chat with Jira Cloud, and I get the following: 

Please enter the url for your Jira instance.

When I enter the BASE URL of Jira, I get this:

Please enter a valid Jira url.

How I can solve this problem?

SoftServe Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 18, 2018

Dear Tarek,

Thank you for contacting us!

Please be informed  that our integration is for cloud version of JIRA only. Could you please confirm that you are using Cloud JIRA instance for tab creation?

If you are using Cloud JIRA and receive this message, please provide us with the exact link to JIRA instance that you are using for setting up tab in MS Teams and a screenshot if possible.

Waiting for your reply!

Best regards,

SoftServe Support

Like James Hanley likes this

How do I know if I am using JIRA Cloud? When I access JIRA from my mobile phone when I am not on the company network, it works. Does this mean it is JIRA Cloud?

I configured JIRA connector, and I see instructions to setup Webhook URL from JIRA Admin. When I open Jira Cloud / Assigned to me, for example, I see button "Authorize in Jira". If I click and follow the instructions, and I provide JIRA URL it doesn't work. Is there I provide you the link in a private message?

Tarek

SoftServe Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 18, 2018

Dear Tarek,

There can be Cloud or Server version of Jira. Our integration is valid for Cloud version of JIRA only.

Cloud Jira instances have atlassian.com, jira.com or atlassian.net domains. Server Jira instances have custom domain names, for example, jira.softserveinc.com.

In case to provide you further with the assisstance it would be great for us to know the exact Jira instance link you are using. If you are not comfortable to share such information at the Atlassian Community, please feel free to submit a ticket at MicrosoftTeamsIntegrationsSupport@softserveinc.com.

Waiting for your reply!

Best regards,

SoftServe Support

Well, it's clear that it is not Jira Cloud. Thanks a lot!

Jimmy Newman November 26, 2018

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I am having the same problem as above and we do have both Confluence and Jira cloud.  Here is what I get when we try to add confluence.  My admin has added the plugin to our Jira environment.  That is our correct URL also. 

Atlassian issue.PNG

SoftServe Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 26, 2018

Dear Jimmy,

Please be informed that for using MS Teams Integrations next steps should be done:

1. It should be Office 365 with Business license or Enterprise Office 365 and IT admin has to enable MS Teams in Office 365
  2. Allow external apps in Microsoft Teams for Office 365 should be set to On
  3. IT admin has to enable it in the Admin center going to Settings → Services & add-ins → Microsoft Teams → choose Apps → Allow external apps in Microsoft Teams - On.
  4. For Confluence Integration – cloud instance of Confluence, where MS Teams for Confluence Cloud Plugin should be installed

Please mind that after enabling the external apps in Office365, synchronization may take several hours and changes may come into force not straight away. 
For Confluence only Messaging extension is available

Could you please tell us what version of Confluence Cloud Plugin are you using right now? Try to reinstall the plugin if all mentioned steps above were done. 

If you are not comfortable to share such information at the Atlassian Community, please feel free to submit a ticket at MicrosoftTeamsIntegrationsSupport@softserveinc.com.

Waiting for your reply!

Best regards,

SoftServe Support

James Hanley December 10, 2018

When will this support stand-alone (non-Jira cloud) instances of Jira?

SoftServe Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 10, 2018

Dear James,

Thank you for contacting us!

We regret to inform you that Jira server integration is currently unavailable.

The  development team thoroughly takes into consideration all users' recommendations and requests on this matter and aims to discuss them internally to determine possible implementation options.

Once again, sincere apologies for inconveniences. Please let us know whether there is anything else we can help you with. Thank you!

Best regards,

SoftServe Support

0 votes
SoftServe Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 6, 2018

Dear Shane,

Thank you very much for using our integration!

It seems like the issue is reproducible on desktop clients only and we are currently working on a fix for it. As a workaround please run the initial Tab setup in a web browser and then you will be able to use it in the desktop client. 

Please let us know if this works for you.

If you have any further issues, please feel free to submit a ticket at MicrosoftTeamsIntegrationsSupport@softserveinc.com

Thank you!

Best regards,
Marta Ivaskiv

Ric Rocamora February 13, 2020

Doesnt work from browser or desktop or mobile. it accepts my confluence URL then once i try to "authorize" it fails.

Screen_Shot_02-13-20_at_11.55_AM_021320_115729_AM.jpg

Suggest an answer