Jira Cloud and Jenkins integration

Rafael Garzon February 2, 2021

Hi all, 

I have a Jenkins server on-premise over HTTPS. Furthermore, I have an instance of JIRA CLOUD. My idea is:

* When issue status in JIRA Cloud is changed, this should trigger a specific Jenkins job . I tried to do this by webhooks. It doesn't work, but I'm not sure if I'm doing properly.

Please, anybody has faced with this topic?

Regards.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2021

Hi @Rafael Garzon ,

using webhooks it should work fine as Jira is able to perform API calls to any service. Do you actually see the incoming request from Jira on your Jenkins logs or not at all ? 

Also, did you make sure that your Jenkins instance is accessible from the internet ?

Thanks, 

--Alexis

QA Team Allfunds
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 2, 2021

w

Hi Alexis, 

Thank you for your answer. Former, I had both jenkins and jira on premise, and i was using jira-trigger plugin for this purpose. But now, Jira has been migrated to Cloud (Jenkins is accessible from Internet). I think that my problem migth be in URL field when I'm setting up my webhook. in  my case: https://url-jenkins:port/job/NAME_OF_JOB/build. Is that correct?

thanks in advance

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2021

The URL seems to be fine, but it might be worth checking with your IT team as there are a number of different reasons that could prevent Jira from reaching it (whitelisting, firewalls, etc). 

Ok, I will! Thank for your support!

yeping.he January 3, 2022

请问一下,这个问题有解决吗?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS