Jira Cloud + Tempo: Team Lead can't approve own timesheet

Daniel Benkenstein July 2, 2018

I am Tempo Timesheets Team Lead AND Member of a team.

I can

• Submit timesheets for a all team members
  • Approve timesheets for all team members, except of my own

I can't

• Approve my own timesheet

Why not? How to solve this behaviour? (There is no error or any message. It's just not working.)

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2018

Hi Daniel,

To prevent data inaccuracies and ensure accurate reporting, users with Approve Timesheets permission cannot approve their own timesheets. We recommend you add a new approver by granting them the Approve Timesheet permission for your team or create a new team with another approver.

If you have any questions or feedback on this behaviour, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us (https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/6)

Regards,

Susanne Götz
Tempo team

Daniel Benkenstein July 3, 2018

@Susanne Götz _Tempo_ Thanks for your answer. 

I understand your point, but from users perspective it's not optimal. Especially in a small team with only one team lead it's awkward to create a new user, just to approve the timesheets of the team lead ...

+1 from my side to change this limitation.

AND .. please add a message that this is not a bug. At the moment I click the button and nothing happend.

Loïc Dewerchin September 27, 2018

I have to +1 this request to change this limitation , it is inconvenient for some of our teams.

Do you encourage us to create a change request at the support portal? As in: this behavior might change, or is it current behavior likely to stay?

Bryan Gintz September 27, 2018

I would like to +1 the +1 here and if possible +1 my own +1.

Michael Makukha October 1, 2018

+1, please let Team Lead approve his own timesheet. @Susanne Götz _Tempo_ at least you can make this behaviour be turned on/off in settings, if you really think this is against business rules.

Scott Fischer October 19, 2018

We would love this as well again since the president of our company has historically approved his own timesheet since he is in charge.  Since I am one of the IT people, I have to approve his sheet now.  A little awkward! :)

Shawn Masters
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2018

I doubt Tempo will ever do anything about this seeing how their Support is pretty much nonexistent. We have been waiting for a few years now just on Updates much less enhancements. My company is currently looking for replacement to this software....hopefully to one that also handles budgeting 

Lasse H January 23, 2020

I'd like to +1 all the +1's here. This featured is really missing from Tempo.

dorota_bieniek April 2, 2020

+1 from me as well!

David Wery May 1, 2020

+1 please fix this !!!!

1 vote
Bryan Gintz August 20, 2018

I agree, this seems to be a huge gap in functionality :-(, at least make it a setting that people can disable if it doesn't work for their workflow

e.g. "[checkbox] Team Leads can approve their own timesheets"

0 votes
Patrick Cornaz December 1, 2021

I also agree: this is really annoying and does represent a loss of functionality to us!

0 votes
Shawn Masters
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 2, 2018

Remove and Re-add yourself with a Joined date - some sorta bug going on it looks like (we just fixed this in our own instance this morning) 

Daniel Benkenstein July 3, 2018

Thanks for your answer @Shawn Masters but unfortunately that doesn't helped.
Any other ideas?

Shawn Masters
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 27, 2018

We ended up making another Team for the leads called "Direct Reports to CIO" They submit their time via this 2nd team. 

Suggest an answer