Jira - Bulk upload changes

Gavin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2021

I'm looking to do the following:

Does Jira have a way to bulk upload changes to tickets?  The bulk edit feature doesn't work I this scenario as I'm attempting to update tickets uniquely.

TicketID,Comment

3343,This is a comment for 3343.

3323,This is a comment for 3323.

result

ticketID 3343 > Adds comment > This is a comment for 3343

ticketID 3343 > Adds comment > This is a comment for 3343

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2021

You can use the import feature to accomplish this. You need to make sure that the Jira issue ID is one of your columns. The way I’ve done this before was to export the issues I was interested in and then edit the fields that I wanted edited. When you import the CSV file clues that your issue ID those issues will be updated according to your edits. 

Gavin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2021

"will be updated according to your edits" updating is great.  But can you add comments not just edit/update comments in bulk with this method for a specified ID?

Suggest an answer