Jira Automation, get notify when a task is added to the current sprint

Ron Vincent May 27, 2020

I started to compare the number of task at the beginning ( ex: 30 ) and if that number get incremented > Notify me (slack).

But I can find a way to do this Jira Automation tools so I just have

sprint in openSprints ()

Anyone have an idea ? I'm starting loosing it.

When you add a task to a current sprint, jira prompt a window saying that your Sprint Report will be altered etc.. If I can be hooked to that event it will be awesome.

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2020

Hi Ron, welcome to the Community.

So this isn't perfect as there is a hole in the logic in that it could falsely send an email for an issue that was in the sprint before it started in the scenario where someone edits the sprint field and maybe removes an older sprint. Note, I have not tested so LMK what you find.

Project_automation_-_JIRA.jpg

Ron Vincent May 28, 2020

Thank you Jack for the quick answer :) 

What a good idea to check the "sprint" value change.
Let met try it for a few days and I will come back to you.

I think that hole could be tolerated.

Do you know how to get the "modifier" name? Because he/she could be different from Assignee and Reporter.

Phil Rosen September 18, 2023

Hi @Jack Brickey , I am trying to set this up, but "Sprint" doesn't appear in my list of values for the field "Fields to monitor for changes". Any suggestions or guidance would be appreciated.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2023

Hi @Phil Rosen , are you sure the sprint is on the edit screen? Unsure why you would not see it. I assume you started typing into search?

Phil Rosen September 18, 2023

@Jack Brickey It's not there, but I want to make sure I was trying to create the rule in the right location. I went to Automation, is that correct?

0 votes
Oumayma January 29, 2021

Hi, 

I want to add watchers using jira automation rules, but I can't find the way. For me this is really the same rule as mentionned above but this is not working as I can't find value on my ticket which is corresponding to my need. 

I have a ticket and when someone is adding a subtask, I would like to add specific watchers to this new task. How can I do this?

Thanks.

Sébastien. 

0 votes
Ron Vincent June 3, 2020

Works for my need ! Thank you again @Jack Brickey 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin