Jira Anonymous Access and Service Desk

Andy_Freeman January 29, 2020

Morning All

We run Jira On Premise. We have Jira/Confluence & Service Desk

I am trying to allow anonymous access to all of our users to allow them to look through project issues. However whenever i try and link a user to a Project home they are being re-directed back to our Service Desk Portal instead of navigating to the project

Does anyone know what else i need to change to stop this from happening?

TIA

Andy

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 30, 2020

Hello Andy, 

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

In order to allow anonymous access to a project, it's necessary to add the "Browse project" permission to Anyone.

This option will allow literally anyone to access the ticket, so users an non-users will be able to find the tickets when searching in google, for example.

For more details, please check the documentation below:

Regards,
Angélica

Andy_Freeman February 4, 2020

Hi Angélica

I have been able to allow anonymous access to the project to certain users

The problem i still have is, I have a member of the Service desk user group, this same user is not a licensed user for Jira.

With this user i am now required this user read only access to a project.

The problem is whenever the user tried to browse to the Jira Project it redirects him automatically to the Service Desk Portal and he is unable to get to the other project.

Thanks

Andy

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 17, 2020

Hi Andy,

If you send a direct link of the ticket or of the project, are the user able to see the ticket?

Is this issue happening only after the user logs in?

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer