Jira 6.1.3 Plugins Won't Load

Terry Johnson November 16, 2013

I have installed Jira 6.1.3 on Windows 2008 r2 (VM) server as a service. Each time I try to access the Jira dashboad, the plugins won't load (according to the log) - sometimes 13, sometimes 31, sometimes 50, etc. I have tried everything recommended on your website to resolve this issue but have had no success. Can you recommend the correct specs for a VM server running Windows 2008 r2, SQL Server 2012 and Jira 6.1.3?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marcus Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 17, 2013

If these are system plugins not starting during JIRA startup, it may be related to this KB article

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/JIRA+System+Plugin+Timeout+While+Waiting+for+Plugins+to+Enable

You can try increasing the timeout value for the plugins (-Datlassian.plugins.enable.wait=300) but this is mainly caused by the server not having enough resources for a good performance. Maybe you need to allocate more resources to the VM.

Hope this helps

Terry Johnson November 23, 2013

Increasing the memory to the VM resolved the issue. Thanks!

0 votes
Terry Johnson November 23, 2013

Increasing the memory to the VM solved the problem. Thanks!

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2013

It is hard to say what your issue is without some logs being posted. My best guess would be memory, but without seeing the actual errors and what you actually tried already it is difficult to know what to tell you what to try next.

Suggest an answer