Jenkins Plugin for Jira Cloud

Evgenios Soroka February 26, 2021

Hello,
I have 2 questions regarding the Jira Cloud plugin for Jenkins. 

Is there a particular reason why it only supports multi-branch pipelines?

And also are there any plans to support pipeline projects as well

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 3, 2021

Hello @Evgenios Soroka ,

The Jenkins integration was originally built as an example for the below developers documentation page:

The reason why only multi branch pipelines are supported is that it was easier to grab the required info (branch name & change logs) from multi-branch pipelines. It is possible to make it work in other types of projects with additional effort, but:

• The plugin is now opensource and, even if no internal team is currently working on it, everyone can develop any new feature on it by raising a Pull Request, as mentioned in https://github.com/jenkinsci/atlassian-jira-software-cloud-plugin

• From April there'll be a new team that will have the responsibility of owning and expanding the integrations between devops providers and Jira Software.

Therefore, there are 2 possible ways to proceed:

1. You could raise a pull request to add the desired features.
  2. I can create a feature request on your behalf in order to ask to add support for single-branch pipelines and pipeline projects. However, please notice not this FR might or might not be addressed depending on a number of factors, as explained in the Implementation of New Features Policy

Please let me know how you'd like to proceed.

Cheers,
Dario

Evgenios Soroka March 17, 2021

Hi @Dario B ,

Thank you for the detailed answer. It's clear now. Unfortunately i can't contribute to the plugin myself because i'm not writing in Java. So i had to take another route and build a custom integration. 

Thanks for taking the time to answer, no further action is required for this!

Like Dario B likes this
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 17, 2021

You are very welcome @Evgenios Soroka , I am happy to know my answer was useful! :) 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events