JSM Service Change Approver group not populated when edit screen is missing a field

Oleksandr Trapeznikov May 16, 2023

I have setup Change Management workflow which my team is happy with, and now I'm trying to make some fields not editable, unless it's during a specific transition.

I created a separate Create, Edit, and couple of Transition Screens, and everything works fine. For example I have Jira Automation populating Change Risk field automatically based on Service Tier and some other fields, while user is not able to set or change this field as it's not in Create or Edit screens. On the screenshot you can see how Change risk is not in the Edit screen, but Jira Automation is able to update it.

Screenshot 2023-05-16 at 5.37.59 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-05-16 at 5.37.20 PM.png

One field I have issue with is Approvers group, that is populated by Jira Workflow approving step (Affected Services). Screenshot 2023-05-16 at 5.34.33 PM.png

If this field is present in the Edit screen, the group is added, and in History I see "Automation for Jira updated the Approver groups"Screenshot 2023-05-16 at 5.41.36 PM.png

however, when field is removed from the Edit screen, it never gets populated. You can see on the screenshot how when I remove the Approvers group from the Edit Screen, nothing happens when transitioning from Open -> Under Review

Screenshot 2023-05-16 at 5.44.05 PM.png

If Jira Automation bot account has permissions to modify hidden fields, why does it not work in this case with Service approvers group? 

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events