JSM Form: Auto fill the summary field based on what form was selected.

Lesa Miller March 30, 2022

I'm new to Jira and JSM, I set up a new form to request a new user be added.  The summary field is required, but since my form is specific I want to autofill it with 'Add new user'.  I tried to add this to the post function but I need to be able to know what form was fired to fill the correct response.  

I found a few posts,  but it seems Jira Cloud doesn't have the 'Fire custom event' in the post function.  Just using the post function update issue field, will do that for all the forms, and it will be specific to the what form they have selected.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

On the form the Summary field allows you to hide it and asks for a default value.

0 votes
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2022

Hi @Lesa Miller - Form fields are handled a bit differently than traditional Jira fields.  You would need to link your form fields to a specific Jira field.  From there, you can perform desired actions on post functions or automation.

Thank you for the response, I figured out how without the post functions or automation.  Just stumbled onto the answer.  

Giancarlo Conetta June 22, 2022

Hi Lesa, any chance you could link to your solution? 

richard.githinji August 3, 2022

Greetings @Lesa Miller

I'm struggling with a similar issue, any chance you could enlighten me on the solution?

Suggest an answer