JSD - How to send notifications for rejected emails?

mark_mccubbin February 1, 2017

Hi all,

On my company's JSD system, we've disabled user signup and have several email channels available to clients. This creates a problem when a client submits a ticket from an address not associated with a user in our system, as the email handler is not allowed to create a new user to log the ticket under. What ends up happening is that the email handler creates an entry in the logs and... that's it. The client doesn't get a response saying their request has been rejected, so they think we're working on their ticket. The JIRA admins don't get any sort of notification either though, so we don't know anything's wrong until the customer contacts us through another method to complain.

I can't imagine we're the only ones suffering from this... I guess you'd call it poor design? We really don't want to turn on user signup, as security is very important in our industry, but at the same time we can't have someone monitoring the email logs 24/7. Has anyone come up with a better solution to this problem?

Thanks,

Mark

1 answer

1 vote
Henri Volk _amily_ February 1, 2017

Hi Mark,

Same issue here... annyoing...and would be happy to hear about a ticket a fix.

We have set up an additionl mailbox in Exchange which also receives through a distribution list the emails as well, so at least we have a backup and do not miss an email. But is too manual as well.

Best

Henri

Erik Johnson April 14, 2017

Have the same problem, wondering if anyone has a solution.

Suggest an answer