JSD Automation Create Linked Issue SERVER

Alexandra Wiechers May 21, 2019

Hi,

We are a government contracting company and utilize Jira SD Server (there is NO chance we are going to Cloud anytime soon).

I MUST have the ability to automate "Create Linked Issue" from JSD to a JSS project once it is approved.  I see it is possible in Cloud but not Server.  I've looked into Post Functions and cannot find how to do this in the workflow.

I cannot propose yet another add-in to the government as they are getting fed up with all the additional costs (and it takes forever to approve procurements).

Does anyone know of a workaround that does not cost money and I can "easily" implement?  Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Gezim Shehu [Communardo]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2019

Depends on the "easily" for sure :).

Well I keep saying this often, but usually the single add-on you need is a scripting one.

Recommended from my side:

Script Runner for Jira

Very cheap on the license side, but extremely powerful. Also the function you are looking for is built in. We use it everyday to escalate tickets from our Service Desk to L2 software project and synchronize the updates in between.

Alexandra Wiechers May 22, 2019

Can you tell me how it’s built in or you’re using it?? I have server and not cloud and do not see it. Thanks!

Support Brutex December 12, 2019

Exactly our problem!
We are also running on Server and don't see the option to create issues automatically:

image.png

Gezim Shehu [Communardo]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2019

It's not in the automate section.

Check this link out, it has the details.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/blog/2016/02/create-linked-issue

Support Brutex December 13, 2019

Thanks Gezim,

the question at hand is regarding: automate "created linked issue"

Your link talks about manually creating a linked issue.
This is the process we want to automate, but this option doesn't seem to be available on Server installations: https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver/automating-your-service-desk-939926334.html

Gezim Shehu [Communardo]
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 13, 2019

Hi,

Sorry for the confusion, I had replied about an app who can do this.

Even though the app is a scripting one, I mentioned that there was a built-in feature (of the app), which requires no scripting to create a linked issue.

Then I also linked the manual way, which is the built-in feature of JSD itself.

Cheers

Suggest an answer