JQL to search multiple values in part number field

Mike Banes
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 7, 2017

I'd like to better understand how to search multiple values in the part number field.  If I were to search for part number 1234 AND 4567 in the part number field, I would need the result to list records with either part number in the field.

The next question will be how to perform the same search with a wildcard; i.e. 123* or 456*

1 answer

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2017

Hi Mike,

The number field only supports =, >, <, >= and <= operators. It does not support wildcard searches.

For your use case, you might want to consider using a text field custom field that supports wildcard searches.

Thank you

Bhushan

Mike Banes
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 7, 2017

Here is my solution.

AND ("Part Number" ~ "1500-3650*" OR "Part Number" ~ "1500-3700*")

Seems to have worked so far.

Like Shamil Kumar likes this
Bhushan Nagaraj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2017

Glad you got it working. In that case, the Part Number field must be a Single Line Text custom field type and not a Number custom field type. Can you please take a look and confirm?

Suggest an answer