JQL to filter issues with more than one component

HariVLK Mynampati June 23, 2022

Hello,

I am trying to find a way to filter issues which has more than one component. 

I tried Googling ... but no luck. People are looking for solution since 2011.. but not found one.

I need to add this as gadget in Jira board, for dynamic report. So CSV solution is not for me.

I am not a JIRA admin. I am jira user and have access to some projects in our organization. I can not create any custom fields etc. So only way is JQL. 

Any help here please? We are in 2022 and is there any solution yet ?

2 answers

1 vote
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2022

Hi @HariVLK Mynampati -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

As @Fabian Lim noted, this is not possible with out-of-the-box JQL, so you would need a marketplace addon for JQL or reporting to do this.

For work-arounds without purchasing a marketplace addon, how often do you need this?

• Just one time: create a JQL filter for the possible issues, export to a spreadsheet, and count the components from there.
  • Need multiple times and expect fewer than 100 issues within a project with Jira Cloud: you could use an Automation for Jira rule to find the issues and count the components to report them.

Kind regards,
Bill

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2022

Hi @HariVLK Mynampati

I don't believe this is possible. The only option I see of you use third party reporting  plugins to capture this specific condition.

Good luck

Suggest an answer