JQL to create automation to resolve issues due to inactivity

Patricia Barrantes March 27, 2023

Hello there!

I would need to create an automation that automatically transitions to Done and resolves the issue if the status = "Waiting for customer" and the reporter has not commented in the last 7 days – it might be that either the assignee or participants add a comment during those days, but I need to resolve the issue if the reporter has not commented the issue in 7 days. 

Could somebody please help? I've been trying to find the answer, but I have been unsuccessful.

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2023

Look in the Automation Library.  You should find one there that you can tweek to do exactly what you want.  There's a couple you can tweak.  I think it's called 'Resolve issues due to inactivity'.  I just tweaked it to change the days and the status for my situation.

In your project settings under Automation, there should be a tab for 'Library'.

Patricia Barrantes March 29, 2023

Thank you, @Dan Breyen! I didn't know about the library – very helpful!

I think it will work with the following:

status = "Waiting for customer" AND updated < -7d AND reporter != {{issue.comments.last.author.name}}

I'll reach out again in case it doesn't 😄

Thank you!

Suggest an answer