JQL to Find Issues Updated/Changed by Assignee/Reporter

Ricky Lin May 3, 2017

Use case:

We don't have JIRA service desk but would like to send out 3 custom reminder emails for to the original requester (or Current Reporter/Asssignee) if the issue has not been updated for X days (1 day | 5 days and auto close)

Plugins Involved:

1) JIRA Automation Lite = used to schedule and auto-transition issues
2) Email This Issue = used to send out custom emails

Problem:

I can't seem to find an appropriate JQL syntax to do this?  Any way to do this without Script Runner?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rodney Sawyer June 2, 2017

There has to be something that shows that you have already sent the reminder... so what we do is to set a flag. We have a field called "Reminder" which is available to the project but not shown on the screen.  Then we can use the jql:

project = ABC AND Reminder is EMPTY AND updated < startOfDay(-1)

Then using automation, we send an email and set the flag. Or in your second case to also "Auto close" the issue.  

Ricky Lin June 2, 2017

Hi Rodney!

Thank you for the input!  After messing around with it for a bit, I came up with an Automation Rule like below to find issues that need a Reminder Email (Runs twice daily) to fire a Generic Event by a service account (JiraAuto):

project in ("ABC", "EFG") AND status = Resolved AND resolved <= -1d AND updatedDate >= startOfDay(-1) AND updatedDate < endOfDay(-1)

I then use another rule to find the issues that need to be Closed with the following (Runs twice M-F only) to Add a silent comment and Transition to Close by a service account (JiraAuto):

project in ("ABC", "EFG") AND status = Resolved AND status changed before -5d AND updated <= -5d

Then, I use Email This Issue (JETI) to look for Generic Event and Issue Closed Event with the appropriate JQLs to fire off the emails.  Did a few testings and it looks like it's been working great so far.

What you have provided will prevent a duplicate email being sent out in my first rule, which will most definitely help and I'll add it to my setup!

P.S  Do you set a Post-Function to clear out the Reminder field if an issue is Reopened to make sure it works properly in the second cycle?

Rodney Sawyer June 2, 2017

Yes... When there is a reopen we clear the Reminder field and the Resolution field... starting it over again

Ricky Lin June 2, 2017

Thanks Rodney.  Appreciate the input.  Hopefully someone else will also find my setup helpful for future uses... Cheers

Suggest an answer