JQL status was in ("done", "In testing") only returning issues assigned to me

Symon Filet July 23, 2019

Hi,

I'm new to JIRA and JQL.

When I search status = "Done" I get a lot of issues returned but when I change to status was in I only get issues that are assigned to me.

Maybe something I've overlooked.

Cheers

done.pngwas in.png

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Symon Filet July 24, 2019

This was fix by using resolution was "done" seems there is a bug with status was in

cheers

0 votes
Muhammad Ramzan(Atlassian Certified Master)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2019

When you using was done it will fetch all records where status was done. 

Now when you using =done , ts current state of all issues , untill tlthe status is changed from done to any other state it will not come with  query status was done

Thank you for the reply, the issue is not done or to do it's the result set returned if the was in is used I only see records assigned to me.

Cheers

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2019

i can see the screenshot which you shared, there is one issue searched with "un-assigned" value.  , may be there is not issue which one is changed from done to other state except those issues which are assigned to you. please double check in history for few issues on both queries 

Thank you for the reply

when I search status = 'to do' i get  150 records for all users 

when I search status was in('to do') I get 26 records all to me 

when I search status was not in('done') I get 356 records all users???

I believe status was in('to do') should return 356 + records 

Cheers

Rising Star
Rising Star
July 23, 2019

Did you try to re-indexing ? please give a try and then search agian

Hi, Can you re-index jira cloud?

Symon Filet July 24, 2019

This was fix by using resolution was "done" seems there is a bug with status was in

cheers

Stephen O'Hair May 12, 2021

Did this ever get fixed? Running Jira cloud in a govt agency and we can't even filter issues using status was in.....

Miks Veltmanis (Mike) June 4, 2021

looking for a fix as well. Experiencing exactly the same glitch for [status was in "To Do"]

0 votes

No change hmmmdone2.png

0 votes
PVS
Banned
July 23, 2019

Hi @Symon Filet 

Could You Please Use This Jql

status was in (Done)

Cheers

Suggest an answer