JQL query to select items that moved to Done state not working

Filipe January 4, 2021

I am trying to retrieve all items that moved into the Done column on my board.

And I created this query that works correctly for all columns. But never returns anything for Done (and there are plenty of things on that column!).

project = PDN AND issuetype in (Bug, Spike, Story, Task) AND status changed to Done during ("2020-12-01 00:00", "2020-12-31 23:59") 

You can see my workflow below:

Screenshot 2021-01-04 at 16.32.07.png

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2021

Hi @Filipe,

Have you tried running the filter without the time part in your dates? So like this:

project = PDN AND issuetype in (Bug, Spike, Story, Task) AND status changed to Done during ("2020-12-01", "2020-12-31") 

Filipe January 4, 2021

Yup, no joy. Still doesn't return any results.

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2021

No, just tested in a test instance of my own and it shouldn't make any difference. So I'm guessing it's either something with the transition to status done (it's not because there are items in that column that they changed to the done status in December) or with the combination of your criteria.

As @Jack Brickey suggested, have a look if extending the date range leads to results or leave off the first part of your query to make sure you get some results. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong technically with your query itself.

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 4, 2021

It's something I didn't no yet either, but this seems to be related to next-gen indeed. Apparently, history searches are not supported on next-gen. See this related Community thread 

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 4, 2021

confounded NG. :-)

that seems like a big hole but verified in my test NG project.

Like # people like this
Filipe January 4, 2021

Thanks Walter. It didn't work. I tried:

1. Expanding the date range

2. Changing the state (just to try the query). And found out this:

- States that return results: Discovery, Implementation, Integration,

- States that DO NOT return anything: 'To Do', Review, Done

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 4, 2021

I think we need Atlassian to respond officially with what is/is not supported here. @Filipe I would open a support ticket - Atlassian Support

Filipe January 4, 2021

Hey Jack, just did open the support ticket as suggested. Thanks for the ideas!

Filipe January 7, 2021

Atlassian confirmed that this is a known bug... which was opened in 2019. *sob* 

You can see it here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-72180

0 votes
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2021

hi @Filipe 

i'm getting results for  Server for the below. but for cloud no results 

status changed to Done during (2021-01-01, 2021-01-05)

KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2021

CHANGED

The "CHANGED" operator is used to find issues that have a value that had changed for the specified field.

This operator has the following optional predicates:

• AFTER "date"
  • BEFORE "date"
  • BY "username"
  • DURING ("date1","date2")
  • ON "date"
  • FROM "oldvalue"
  • TO "newvalue"

(Note: This operator can be used with the Assignee, Fix Version, Priority, Reporter, Resolution, and Status fields only.)

EXAMPLES
  • Find issues whose assignee had changed:

assignee CHANGED
  • Find issues whose status had changed from 'In Progress' back to 'Open':

status CHANGED FROM "In Progress" TO "Open"
  • Find issues whose priority was changed by user 'freddo' after the start and before the end of the current week.

priority CHANGED BY freddo BEFORE endOfWeek() AFTER startOfWeek()

• They specified in their documentation , But not working 
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 5, 2021

image.png

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 4, 2021

can you try this ...

project = PDN AND issuetype in (Bug, Spike, Story, Task) AND status changed to Done after startOfYear(-1) and status changed to done before endofyear(-1)
Filipe January 4, 2021

Copy and pasted your query, but no results were returned.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 4, 2021

i haven't played w/ NG much so wonder if there is some limitation. I will try to play w/ it to see how it behaves for me.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 4, 2021

and you are absolutely sure that there are issues that should be returned?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events