Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sign up Log in

Next challenges

Recent achievements

  • Global
  • Personal


  • Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given


  • Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

JQL query to select items that moved to Done state not working Edited

I am trying to retrieve all items that moved into the Done column on my board.

And I created this query that works correctly for all columns. But never returns anything for Done (and there are plenty of things on that column!).

project = PDN AND issuetype in (Bug, Spike, Story, Task) AND status changed to Done during ("2020-12-01 00:00", "2020-12-31 23:59") 

 You can see my workflow below:

Screenshot 2021-01-04 at 16.32.07.png

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi @Filipe,

Have you tried running the filter without the time part in your dates? So like this:

project = PDN AND issuetype in (Bug, Spike, Story, Task) AND status changed to Done during ("2020-12-01", "2020-12-31") 


Yup, no joy. Still doesn't return any results.

No, just tested in a test instance of my own and it shouldn't make any difference. So I'm guessing it's either something with the transition to status done (it's not because there are items in that column that they changed to the done status in December) or with the combination of your criteria.

As @Jack suggested, have a look if extending the date range leads to results or leave off the first part of your query to make sure you get some results. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong technically with your query itself.

It's something I didn't no yet either, but this seems to be related to next-gen indeed. Apparently, history searches are not supported on next-gen. See this related Community thread 

Like # people like this
Jack Community Leader Jan 04, 2021

confounded NG. :-)

that seems like a big hole but verified in my test NG project.

Like # people like this

Thanks Walter. It didn't work. I tried:

1. Expanding the date range

2. Changing the state (just to try the query). And found out this:

- States that return results: Discovery, Implementation, Integration,

- States that DO NOT return anything: 'To Do', Review, Done

Jack Community Leader Jan 04, 2021

I think we need Atlassian to respond officially with what is/is not supported here. @Filipe I would open a support ticket - Atlassian Support

Hey Jack, just did open the support ticket as suggested. Thanks for the ideas!

Atlassian confirmed that this is a known bug... which was opened in 2019. *sob* 

You can see it here:

0 votes
Jack Community Leader Jan 04, 2021

can you try this ...

project = PDN AND issuetype in (Bug, Spike, Story, Task) AND status changed to Done after startOfYear(-1) and status changed to done before endofyear(-1)

Copy and pasted your query, but no results were returned.

Jack Community Leader Jan 04, 2021

i haven't played w/ NG much so wonder if there is some limitation. I will try to play w/ it to see how it behaves for me.

Jack Community Leader Jan 04, 2021

and you are absolutely sure that there are issues that should be returned?

hi @Filipe 


i'm getting results for  Server for the below. but for cloud no results 

status changed to Done during (2021-01-01, 2021-01-05)


The "CHANGED" operator is used to find issues that have a value that had changed for the specified field.

This operator has the following optional predicates:

  • AFTER "date"
  • BEFORE "date"
  • BY "username"
  • DURING ("date1","date2")
  • ON "date"
  • FROM "oldvalue"
  • TO "newvalue"

(Note: This operator can be used with the Assignee, Fix Version, Priority, Reporter, Resolution, and Status fields only.)

  • Find issues whose assignee had changed:

    assignee CHANGED
  • Find issues whose status had changed from 'In Progress' back to 'Open':

    status CHANGED FROM "In Progress" TO "Open"
  • Find issues whose priority was changed by user 'freddo' after the start and before the end of the current week.

    priority CHANGED BY freddo BEFORE endOfWeek() AFTER startOfWeek()


  • They specified in their documentation , But not working 

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you