JQL query to find tickets in progress on the backlog of a project that doesn't run in sprints

Ellery.Saunders
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 28, 2021

I am trying to do a fairly simple task and having great difficulty finding a method of doing it without it being time consuming and very manual.

I have a support project that has a backlog of tickets covering various support tasks that are outstanding.

We run the support project without sprints and have a board that includes tasks currently being worked on.

I have developers with spare capacity pick up tasks or have high priority tasks created by said developers.

They have a habit of creating/picking up tasks in the backlog and working on them without being on the board. 

I am trying to simply query tasks in the backlog that are not in a 'todo' status so that i can bulk move them onto the board and surface work that is being done easier.

I have tried various forms of JQL but they seem to rely on using sprints. Ideally I would like to be able to query on board/in backlog.

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2021

Are you using a Kanban board? Does your team move the issue from To Do to In Progress or some other status? If so you could use - project = abc and status != “to do”.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events