JQL, order by "custom field" desc shows blanks first

Ian Clem December 26, 2019

I created a custom numeric field to calculate WSJF and sort desc, set the default value of the custom field to '0', but the results show all of the blank at the top of the list.

If the default value is '0', why are these stories showing before the largest value?

(field1 + field2 + field3)/field4 = WSJF  

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 26, 2019

Hi @Ian Clem 

Welcome to the community.

Those issues might be the ones that do not have any value yet. I mean, they might be either out of custom field context or they might be created before the custom field creation.

You can add customfieldname IS NOT EMPTY to your JQL, or bulk edit issues to set default 0 value for already existing issues.

I hope I was clear

Tuncay

Ian Clem December 27, 2019

The options were very clear and they worked.

I believe that i discovered the default value option after created the field and adding the calculation.  Nevertheless, using JQL and bulk editing the field did the trick.

Thanks

Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2019

I'm glad to hear that 

Suggest an answer