JQL for customer request type "no match"?

Charlie Misonne Community Champion Jan 26, 2017

Is there a way to query on the customer request type field being in the "no match" state?

Situation:

When an agent changes the issue type of an issue the customer request type displays "no match". Unfortunately JIRA does not change the actual value to a matching type of the new issue type.

Solution:

I added an automation rule triggered upon status change, comment and creation that will set the correct issue type.

I have to query like this: issuetype = Question AND ("Customer Request Type" is EMPTY or "Customer Request Type" != "question" )

If above rule is true the customer request type will be set to question in the automation task.

Suggestion

This works correctly. However it might be useful to be able to search for all issues without a matching customer request type. I'll create an improvement request if this is not possible yet.

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Charlie, my concern to what you wrote "I added an automation rule triggered upon status change, comment and creation that will set the correct issue type." is that when you CHANGE issue type it does not mean you change status (sometimes it's mapped to the same status within workflow for new issue type), not always you add comments as well as creating new issue is not an option when you are not making duplicate but want to change issue type in existing issue.

So my conclusion is that even though your automation makes sense, there is no relevant trigger what will make this solution work 100% for the situation when we simply change issue type of current issue :(

Charlie Misonne Community Champion Mar 21, 2018

Hi Thomasz

That's right, this solution is not ideal but that's the best I could come up with.

Any solution to this issue?

Jack Brickey Community Champion Jan 26, 2017

Charlie,

i must be misreading your question because it seems like you have already answered it w/in you automation?

what i think you are asking is how to query for all issues that have "no match" in the Customer Request Type.

if that is true the JQL would be project = xxx and "Customer Request Type" is EMPTY of something similar. No Match equates to empty.

I suspect maybe there is more to your question.

Hi Jack

Indeed I resolved my own question. But while doing that I was wondering if a simple query exists to find all issues with a "no match" customer request type

Customer Request Type" is EMPTY is not similar to "no match". The actual value is kept and displayed as "no match"

Jack Brickey Community Champion Jan 26, 2017

When I use the filter i provided the list consists of issues which all have "no match" in the issue view screen as the CRT. Maybe there are instances of NM that are not being caught by this filter. I will need to look at this further.

Probably because those issues were not created through the customer portal but with the regular JIRA create screen. At that moment the issue will only have an issue type and no customer request type. It displays "no match"

Try this:

1. change issuetype of an issue that has a customer request type filled in
    ==> customer request types becomes "no match"
  2. Search for customer request type IS EMPTY
    ==> issue from step 1 is not in the results (in my case at least)

I'd be really interested to find an answer to this question; I am having the same issue.

Sync User I'm New Here Mar 09, 2018

I did find that issues created in Jira are "EMPTY" and will display in issue searches as blank (even though looking at the Jira issues shows "No Match").   Those issues created in Service Desk show as "No Match" in the issue search which is different than EMPTY (which shows as blank).    These portal issues also show as "No Match" while looking at the actual Jira issue.

There has to be a way to identify these portal issues in a JQL Query search.  EMPTY does not pick them up.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

293 views 5 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you